Book Connemara Gaelic Excursion
From Galway City Centre
4.5 hour (half day) small-group excursion(25 max) starting at 10am every Saturday
Book here to spend a half day in the heart of the Connemara Gaeltacht and enjoy a unique window into Gaelic culture and creativity. Catch our bus from Galway City Cathedral to the sustainably restored little hill-village (hamlet) where you will spend two hours enjoying a taste of Gaelic culture including language, food, music and the wonders of the surrounding bog-land. Meet your hosts Dearbhaill and Charlie who will take you through a memorable encounter with traditional and contemporary Gaelic culture. Then travel on to the fishing village of Spideal where you will have time (45 minutes) to explore or buy lunch in one of the pubs and restaurants. Finally return to Galway City by bus for approximately 2.30pm. Book now.
- Adults only – minimum age 16 years
- The experiences are presented in English
- Suitable for rainy days as most of the activity at Cnoc Suain is indoors. The three venues used at Cnoc Suain are a short distance from each other. Footwear suitable for walking on gravel paths recommended.
- To enhance the visitor experience and to protect the fragile bog-land ecosystem surrounding the hill-village visitor numbers are limited. Cnoc Suain is not open to the public on a ‘drop in’ basis. Pre-booking online for cultural experiences and cottage stays is essential.
- Guests are welcome to take photos, however, due to the intimate nature of the venues at Cnoc Suain and with consideration for other guests, we ask that no audio or video recording take place during presentations and experiences.
- Cancellation terms and conditions apply – for full details see our cancellation policy.
- Terms & Conditions apply.
Price per person – €55.00
Book Now – Select your preferred date and time below
“A place quite unlike any other, where Irish traditions are alive and kicking” The Guardian